Maths Focus – Number bonds
This week’s Maths focus will be revisiting number bonds and building your confidence to be able to recall them at speed. To begin with it is important to be secure in knowing your number bonds to 10 but once you are feeling confident you could begin to move to number bonds to 20! The link below will take you to a BBC Bitesize activity page which can be accessed on a phone, tablet or laptop. It is a short explanation of what number bonds are and a couple of quiz questions to start children off.
Number bonds are pairs of numbers which add up to a certain number.
Activities you could complete:
- Use the bubble bond mats or draw your own to create number bonds using small objects or playdough and write number sentences.
- Have a look at the number bond robot sheets, can you work out the answers. It does not matter if you cannot print them just have a go.
- Use 2 different coloured lego bricks or building blocks to create number bonds.
- Have a quick fire quiz – a grown up shouts one number (6) and you have to shout it’s partner back (4).
- Use pegs on a coat hanger to create number bonds. E.g. 3 red pegs and 7 blue pegs. (see picture below).
- Make a colourful number bond poster.
Fun interactive number bond games: