One final challenge .....
If you fancy an extra challenge in French, why not brush up on your numbers? Follow the link below to the French Games website where you can learn to count up to 100 in French.
Who's going to impress me in September with their French counting skills?
I challenge you .....!
Bonnes vacances et à bientôt! (Happy holidays and see you soon!)
Term 6 - Food
Bonjour mes amis! Ça va? Madame Avery here again.
This term you are going to learn the words for some different foods in French.
Like last term, I shall be setting you a different activity each week so don't forget to check back to find out what you have to do next!
Bonne chance! (Good luck!)
Week 1 - Learn the new words
1. Follow the link above which takes you to the French Games website.
2. Click on FULL TUTORIAL All activities.
3. Start the tutorial. Listen to and look at the words and practise saying them out loud like we do in class. You probably need to go through them several times.
4. You can then have a go at the activities Yes or No?, Either/Or and What is it?
5. Don't go any further this week - we'll be playing the Games next week!
Week 2: Play some games
This week, we're going to play some games to practise the words you started learning last week.
1. Click the link above for the French Games website.
2. Go to the Games section.
3. There are 10 games - choose at least 5 to play.
4. Did you get 10 out of 10? If not, have another go and see if you can beat your score!
Amusez-vous ! (Have fun!)
Week 3: Play some more games!
Week 4: Make a shopping list
This week you are going to write a shopping list in French.
1. Go to the French Games website to help you write your list.
2. Make sure you copy the spellings carefully!
3. You can add some other items if you learnt some new words last week.
4. Add a picture next to each item so that people who don't speak French will know what it is.
5. If you can, send a copy to your class teacher. We'd love to see your work!
Week 5: Which foods do you like?
This week you are going to tell me which foods you like and which you don't like!
1. On a piece of paper, or a Word document, put the heading:
J'aime / Je n'aime pas. (I like / I don't like.)
2. Choose 10 food items and write a sentence in French to say whether you like each one or not. For example:
J'aime le chocolat. (I like chocolate.)
Je n'aime pas le lait. (I don't like milk.)
3. If you can, email your work to your class teacher.
Week 6: Time to test yourself!
This is our last lesson on Food so here's what I'd like you to do.
1. Catch up on any of the previous lessons you didn't manage to do.
2. Test yourself to see how much you have learnt!
Go to the French Games website by following the link at the top of this page (FOOD).
Click on 4. Tests and have a go at the Multiple Choice test.
3. For an extra challenge, take the Writing test.
How did you get on? If you didn't get 10 out of 10 the first time, try again and see if you can better your score.
Bonne chance! (Good luck!)