What will they learn?
We will be supporting pupils to rebuild relationships and re learn how to interact and build relationships with others. This includes sharing, turn taking, greeting and interact with others positively, play alongside and with peers.
What that may look like?
There will be opportunities within the day where the focus is on rebuilding relationships with peers and adults. This may be in the form of:
- Independent learning to nurture parallel and joint play.
- Turn taking games and activities.
- Sharing games and activities.
- Intensive interaction opportunities using call and response games and songs.
- Time where adults can give sole attention to pupils re-building relationships
- Games and activities where pupils can work together such as board games or outdoor PE games.
- Safety work about who keeps us safe and who can keep us safe at school and at home and in the community.
- Safety work about how adults can help us.
- Activities that link to children’s interests to show we are interested in them.